The two different types of invisible braces that we offer is Invisalign and Fastbraces.
Invisalign – This involves moving your teeth by fitting removable, see-through aligners that have been specifically made to fit your teeth. When you replace each aligner every two weeks your teeth will begin to move which gradually moves towards the projected final position. A lot of people in Glasgow and all over the world prefer invisalign because the clear aligners mean that no-one can tell they are having treatment done.
As well as being visually appealing invisalign is also comfortable, this is because there is nothing inside your mouth that can irritate your mouth or gums. Having said this there are some people who may experience temporary minor discomfort at the beginning of each new treatment stage as they enter another aligner into their mouth.
Invisalign is removable which a lot of people like because it means that they can eat and drink without any trouble. Although invisalign can have it’s benefits there are a lot of people who don’t keep the aligners in that long which means that treatment times can be delayed so keep this in mind when you are choosing invisible braces.
Fastbraces – This involves fitting one clear wire to your teeth, treatment times can range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months which makes our Fastbraces superior to traditional metal braces.
As well as Fastbraces being superior because of the time there are a number of other factors that should be taken into account when comparing these braces to traditional metal braces.
- Natural bite – With traditional metal braces there are often changes to natural bite whereas with the Fastbraces system your natural bite will be preserved
- Extractions – Extractions are often needed with traditional metal braces whereas there is almost always a non-extraction with FastBraces
- Wires – Traditional metal braces have multiple braces used whereas with Fastbraces there is just one wire used
- Time – Traditional metal braces are generally in your mouth for about 2 years whereas treatment can be completed in just 20 weeks with our Fastbraces
- Root movement – There is delayed root movement with old traditional metal braces whereas there is immediate root movement with Fastbraces
- Root resorption – There is root resorption with old metal braces whereas it has been statistically proven that there is less resorption with Fastbraces
- Pain – Loads of people report that they experience pain with metal braces whereas with Fastbraces a lot less people have reported that they experience pain
- Retainers – Metal braces require 24/7 retainers whereas Fastbraces only require 15-20 minute/day retainers
The price of each of these can vary depending on your individual case however, our braces specialist would be more than happy to talk to you about the prices for each based on your case.
We currently have two dental practices in Glasgow that offer both types of invisible braces, with one of our practices being based in Govan and our 1Smile clinic being based in Glasgow City Centre.
If you would like a free consultation with our braces specialist then feel free to make an appointment with us. All you have to do is give us a call.